I recently acquired a brand-new (well, new to me) iPhone 8 plus, free of charge.
Yes, you read that correctly: the government is now giving away free iPhones.
While it may not be the latest model, free is free! I’ll walk you through the entire process of obtaining a free government iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 8.
How to Get a Free Government iPhone 8, 8 Plus in 2023
To get a free government iPhone 8 Plus, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled in a government assistance program: This could include SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), or another similar program.
- Have an income below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines: An income of less than $12,760 per year for a single individual.
- Be a senior citizen: If you are 65 or older, you may be eligible for this program.
Once you have met the eligibility requirements, you can contact a free government iPhone 8 Plus provider in your area to apply for a phone. Some providers offering this program include Qlink Wireless, Standup Wireless, Tru Connect, Access Wireless, and Feelsafe Wireless.
Here are some details you need to provide for the application process:
- You must provide proof of your income and eligibility, including a copy of your tax return, a letter from your government assistance program, or a copy of your driver’s license.
- The application process may take several weeks: Be patient and don’t give up if you don’t hear back immediately.
If you are approved for a free government iPhone 8 or 8 Plus you will receive a phone in the mail. You will also be able to choose a plan from your chosen provider.
Top 4 Free Government iPhone 8, 8 Plus Programs in 2023
Here is the list of the top Free government iPhone 8 Plus programs:
1. National Lifeline Association
The National Lifeline Association (NaLA) is a non-profit organization that helps low-income Americans get access to affordable phone service. NaLA provides financial assistance to eligible households and partners with wireless carriers to offer free government phones to qualifying individuals.
2. Lifeline Assistance
Lifeline Assistance is a federal program that provides discounted phone and internet service to low-income Americans. The program has existed since 1985 and is administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
To be eligible for Lifeline Assistance, you must meet certain income requirements. You can find out if you are eligible by visiting the FCC’s website or contacting your local Lifeline Assistance provider.
If you are eligible for Lifeline Assistance, you can get a discounted phone or internet service plan from a participating provider. The discount can save you up to $9.25 per month on your phone bill or $9.25 per month on your internet bill.
3. Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal program that provides discounted internet and phone service to low-income households. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021 created the program, replacing the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program.
Your household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty line to be eligible for ACP. You can also be eligible if you participate in government assistance programs like Medicaid, SNAP, or SSI.
If you are eligible for ACP, you can get a discount of up to $30 per month on your internet bill or up to $75 per month if you live on Tribal lands. You can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 on purchasing a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
To apply for ACP, visit the FCC’s website or contact your internet or phone provider. You will need to provide proof of your income and eligibility.
ACP can help low-income households stay connected to the internet and phone service. This can be essential for accessing education, employment, and other important resources.
4. Connect America Fund
The Connect America Fund (CAF) is a federal program that provides subsidies to telephone companies that provide services in rural areas. The program aims to make phone service more affordable for low-income households and ensure all Americans can access reliable voice and broadband services.
If you are a low-income individual and need help paying for phone service, several programs can help. You can contact one of the programs listed above to determine your eligibility for a free government iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 8.
What Are the Requirements to Get a Free Government iPhone 8 Plus in 2023?
Here are some of the requirements for getting a free government iPhone 8 Plus in 2023:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old.
- Income: Your household income must be below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Government assistance: You or a household member must be enrolled in a government assistance program, such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) or SSI (Supplemental Security Income).
List of Required Documents To Get Free iPhone 8 Plus
To get a free laptop with food stamps, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A government-issued photo ID: This can be a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport.
- Proof of current address: This can be a utility bill, bank statement, or lease agreement.
- Proof of enrollment in the Food Stamp Program: This can be a letter from your local food stamp office or a copy of your food stamp card.
- A list of current addresses for some organizations: This is only required if you apply through a non-profit organization that partners with the government to provide free laptops to low-income individuals.
How Can I Apply for A Free Government iPhone 8 Plus In 2023?
Here are the steps on how to apply for a free government iPhone 8 Plus or 8:
- Check your eligibility. You can check your eligibility for the free government iPhone 8 or 8 Plus program on the National Verifier website. If you are eligible, you can proceed with the application process.
- Find a provider. You can use a search engine to find providers in your area that offer the free government iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 8 program. Once you have found a provider, contact them to learn more about the program and how to apply.
- Complete the application. The application process will vary depending on the provider, but you must typically provide information about your income, household size, and other factors. You may also need proof of eligibility, such as a copy of your food stamp card.
- Wait for approval. Once you have submitted your application, the provider will review it and let you know if you have been approved. If approved, you can pick up your free iPhone 8 Plus.
How Long Will It Take to Get a Free Government iPhone 8 Plus in 2023?
It typically takes 5 business days to receive a free government iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. However, it may take longer in some cases. If it has been over 5 business days and you have not received your phone, please contact your service provider.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Free Government iPhone 8 in 2023?
Obtaining a free government iPhone 8 Plus in 2023 grants you access to the 5G network, which provides faster internet speeds. You may also access Apple’s unique iPhone 8 Plus applications at almost no cost.
What Are the Drawbacks of Getting a Free Government iPhone 8 Plus?
One of the major drawbacks of applying for a free government iPhone 8 Plus is that the application process can be stressful and time-consuming. Additionally, there is no guarantee that you will be approved for the program, even if you meet all the requirements.
How Do I Compare the Free Government iPhone 8 Plus with Other Smartphones?
When comparing the free government iPhone 8 Plus to other smartphones, you can consider the following factors:
- Memory: The free government iPhone 8 is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage capacities. This is more storage than most smartphones, which typically offer 64GB or 128GB of storage.
- Battery life: The free government iPhone 8 has a battery capacity of 2691 mAh. This is lower than other smartphones, but it is still enough to provide most people with a full day of use.
- Camera: The free government iPhone 8 has 12MP rear and 7MP front cameras. Both cameras take great photos and videos, and the rear camera can record 4K video.
- Price: The free government iPhone 8 is free, so it is a great option if you are looking for a budget-friendly smartphone. However, other options may offer better features or performance if you are willing to pay for a smartphone.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Getting a Free Government iPhone 8 Plus?
- Access to government programs
- Requires eligibility
- Limited selection
- Requires service plan
A good phone can be essential for staying connected with friends and family, researching, and accessing important information. The government has enabled eligible applicants to get a free iPhone 8, a high-quality phone with many features and benefits.
This article has provided all the necessary information on how to apply for a free government iPhone 8 Plus. We hope you found this article helpful.