The cost of living is rising, making it difficult for low-income households to afford an iPhone, let alone medical expenses. But there is good news: you can get a free iPhone with Medicaid, which is a state and federal program that provides health coverage to over 72.5 million Americans, including individuals with disabilities, pregnant women, parents, children, and seniors.
Low-income households can now stay connected with the help of government-aided programs like the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Medicaid. These programs offer free iPhones to eligible participants and free monthly cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text, and data.
To qualify, you must meet certain eligibility requirements, such as enrolling in a government-supported program like Medicaid or having an annual income below a certain threshold.
Read also: How to Get T-Mobile Free iPad?
How to Qualify for Medicaid Free iPhone?
To be eligible for Medicaid, you must meet certain requirements, including:
- Age: You must be 65 or older or a child under 19.
- Income: Your income must be below 135% of the federal poverty level. This amount varies depending on the state.
- Family size: Larger families are more likely to be eligible.
- Disability: You must have a disability that meets certain criteria.
- Citizenship: You must be a U.S. or legal permanent resident with five years of continuous residency.
Once you are qualified for Medicaid, you will need to provide the following documents when you apply:
- Birth certificate: This is to prove your citizenship and age.
- Bank statement: This is to show your income and assets.
- Insurance policies: This is to show your current insurance coverage.
- Property documents: This is to show your ownership of any property.
- Retirement account documents: This is to show your retirement savings.
- Proof of income: This is to show your current income.
These documents are necessary to determine your Medicaid eligibility and help the state calculate your benefits. You can find these documents at home or by contacting your insurance company, bank, or other financial institutions.
Get a Free iPhone with Medicaid: How the Affordable Connectivity Program Can Help?
To qualify for a free Medicaid iPhone, you must enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP is a government program that helps low-income households afford broadband internet access.
To be eligible for the ACP, your household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. You must also participate in one of the following government aid programs:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
- Pell Grants
- Free and Reduced-Price Lunch
- Federal Pell Grant recipient
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans pension or Survivor benefits.
- Reduced lunch or school breakfast program
Once enrolled in the ACP, you may be eligible for a free or discounted iPhone. The specific benefits you receive will depend on your provider and your eligibility.
Read also: Get Free Government iPhone 13 mini
Free iPhone with Medicaid: What Documents Do You Need to Apply?
To apply for a free iPhone with Medicaid, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Income proof: This can be a pay stub, tax return, or other document that shows your income.
- Identity proof can be a birth certificate, driver’s license, or other government-issued ID.
- Proof of enrollment in other programs: If you are enrolled in other government assistance programs, you must provide proof of enrollment.
- Immigration status proof: If you are a non-citizen, you will need to provide one of these documents to prove your immigration status:
- Tribal ID
- Permanent resident card
- Green card
Best Providers That Provide Free iPhones With Medicaid in 2023
Currently, only three Lifeline and ACP companies offer free iPhones to eligible customers, including Medicaid participants. HTH Communications own all of these companies. However, as Lifeline and ACP providers constantly change their offerings, more companies will likely offer free government iPhones shortly.
1. NewPhone Wireless
NewPhone Wireless is a wireless company owned by HTH Communications that offers free monthly data, talk, and text, a free phone (basic, Android smartphone, or iPhone), and discounts on tablets. Only adult residents of Louisiana and Wyoming can apply for NewPhone Wireless service.
To begin the application process, go to newphone.com, press “Apply,” type in your ZIP code, choose the combination plan, and follow the instructions to complete and submit the form. If approved, you will be notified by email or mail.
2. American Assistance
American Assistance provides free government iPhones to low-income individuals and families enrolled in Medicaid-funded programs. Other eligibility requirements include Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8), Federal Veterans and Survivors Benefit Program, CalFresh/Food Stamps, or SNAP. To enroll, complete the application form on the American Assistance website.
3. AirTalk Wireless
AirTalk Wireless is a government-supported wireless carrier that offers free smartphones and unlimited plans to eligible households as part of the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs. These programs are operated by the FCC and sponsored by the US government.
AirTalk Wireless goes above and beyond by providing eligible Medicaid low-income individuals with a free smartphone from iconic brands such as Apple. You can even choose a premium phone such as the iPhone 7. You will choose your free phone during the application process on the AirTalk Wireless website.
4. Qlink Wireless
Qlink Wireless is a government-supported wireless carrier that provides free smartphones, unlimited talk and text, and data to eligible customers. You can apply for a free iPhone with Medicaid if you meet one of the following requirements:
- You are unemployed.
- You participate in government programs, including Medicaid.
- Your annual income is below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
To apply for Qlink Wireless, visit the company’s official website and enter your email address to activate your account. Then, confirm your application by clicking the “Get It Now” button.
5. Cintex Wireless
Cintex offers free monthly services, free smartphones, and ACP-discounted tablets to eligible customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Maine, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
To apply, you must meet the Lifeline/ACP eligibility criteria and be 18 years old. You can apply online at cintexwireless.com by pressing Apply, entering your ZIP code, choosing the Lifeline and ACP combo plan, and following the instructions to complete the online application form.
6. StandUp Wireless
StandUp Wireless is a participating provider in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a government program that offers discounts on internet service and free devices to eligible households. Medicaid participants are eligible for the ACP and can receive a discount of up to $30 per month on their internet service.
Also, eligible customers can enjoy unlimited text, calls, and 10 GB of data with a free iPhone. They may also be eligible for a one-time laptop, tablet, or desktop computer discount.
To apply for a free iPhone with Medicaid from StandUp Wireless:
- Go to the StandUp Wireless website and click the “Get Started” button.
- Enter your contact information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Select the “Medicaid” option as your eligibility source.
- Provide your Medicaid information, including your Medicaid ID number.
- Select the iPhone model that you want.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
7. Reach out Wireless
You are eligible for a free iPhone from ReachOut Wireless if you are a current Medicaid recipient and participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). ReachOut Wireless offers the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone 8.
To apply for a free iPhone from ReachOut Wireless, You can do this online at reachoutwirelessphone.com.
8. Easy Wireless
Easy Wireless offers free iPhones to low-income customers who participate in Medicaid and live in Kentucky, Oklahoma, or Missouri. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides these free iPhones through the ‘Easy Wireless’ Lifeline and ACP benefits.
In addition to the free iPhone, Easy Wireless also offers free monthly data, talk, and text to qualifying customers. Visit the Easy Wireless website to sign up for a free iPhone with Medicaid.
List of Free iPhones with Medicaid
If you are approved for a free iPhone with Medicaid, you will receive a high-quality Apple iPhone (or a great Android smartphone). Lifeline and ACP providers do not offer the latest phone models, but their devices are still excellent.
Some of the free iPhone models that are available through Lifeline/ACP include:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
Features of free iPhone with Medicaid
- A powerful operating system: All free iPhones with Medicaid run on Apple’s iOS operating system, which is known for its smooth performance and intuitive interface.
- A great camera: The cameras on iPhones are some of the best on the market, offering a wide range of features for taking stunning photos and videos.
- Ample storage: Most free iPhones with Medicaid come with at least 64GB of storage, with plenty of space for storing your photos, videos, music, and apps.
- 5G connectivity: Some free iPhones with Medicaid support 5G, which is the latest and fastest mobile network technology.
- A unique user experience: iPhones offer a unique user experience that is unlike any other smartphone on the market.
If you are eligible for a free iPhone with Medicaid, I encourage you to apply. These phones offer great value and come with a variety of features that you will love.
Read also: Get Free Government iPhone SE
Low-income households can get a free iPhone with Medicaid through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
The ACP offers eligible Medicaid participants a better discount on phone service through Lifeline and ACP providers.
The free offer includes unlimited texts, calls, and data, plus a high-quality iPhone model.
To be eligible, you must provide proof of income and be enrolled in government aid programs like Medicaid, SNAP, and others as defined by the FCC.